Upcycle your old stuff!
As it goes: “The best things in life are free”. So, upcycle your old stuff to turn them into something functional and revamp the image of your home.
Here is how to do it:
- Porch Rail Coat Rack: An old porch rail works perfectly well as a functional coat rack. All it requires is a fresh dab of paint and it is good to go.
- Old Bathtub: If you want to add a funky touch to your living room, use your old bathtub. It can also be used in the garden but do not forget to color it with water proof paint.
- Retro charm furniture: The key to upcycling is to recognize the beauty in old, damaged pieces of furniture. So if you find any old pieces of furniture, repurpose them and bring a charming look to your home.
- Old Skateboards: Do not throw your old skateboards out but instead use them to build a trendy chair which can be placed in your kid’s room.
- Toilet Paper Rolls: Turn your toilet paper roll into useful items such as pen holders on study tables. Be creative!
- Shutter Headboards: Add visual height to your bedrooms by placing old, wooden shutters behind your bed. To give it a soothing, coastal look, pain them in fresh, light colors. For added vibrancy, alternate the color of each shutter.
- Used Light bulbs: A lamp made out of used light bulbs looks fancy and exceptional. You can also use empty glass bottles and paint them in neon colors to give a vivid appeal.
- Jar Lanterns:Create a soft, intimate glow in your yard by illuminating your outdoor space. Place tea candles in jars and hang them on tree branches or with shepherd’s hooks.
- Old Clothes: Instead of throwing away all your old and holey socks, you can create a knotted mat with them. So think twice and upcycle them!
There is so much you can do by upcycling old items and give an entire new look to your house.